This is the status of our sink.
And not just today. Not just this morning. But it’s been like this all week long.
Pans on top of plates on top of brownie trays on top of utensils.
I’ve tried to make my way through it all. Bit-by-bit. So I guess it’s not the same ol’ cookware having a party in the sink. But, every time I make a little dent in the dishes, it’s time to eat again. Which means more things end up getting used and dumped in the sink.
I almost lost it earlier this week.
I wanted to curse the people that didn’t put a damn dishwasher in this apartment. Or the people that made our sink so darn small. I cursed myself for not being like my mother or sister – both people who seem to have a natural ability to clean up and make everything look all shiny and new.
I wanted to take a day off work so I could tidy up around the apartment. But I also knew that, even if I did that, I’d end up back in this situation after just a few days.
So then I just stopped mentally cursing myself (and other people). I closed my eyes and didn’t think about the clutter in our apartment. Instead, I thought about what was going right in my day.
1. I had my shake for breakfast. And actually sit down and eat (drink?) my breakfast with Ankur.
2. Ankur was able to get a lot of studying done for his exam on Monday since a few of his days were half-days this week.
3. We went to the gym before work and I was already feeling the soreness set in. Which meant I must have had a pretty good workout.
4. We ate most of our lunches at home this week. And all of our dinners.
5. I was able to blog every single day this week. And he was able to set aside time to watch Jeopardy every single day this week.
So, yes. Our apartment is a little bit of a disaster. And our sink may never be completely empty.
But, in the grand scheme of things, those things don’t matter.
A full sink just means that I have my priorities straight.
Questions of the Day:
- Is your sink full?
- Do you handwash your dishes or put them in the dishwasher?
- What are your top three priorities for the week?