We made it to Tennessee! We got to our hotel in Memphis around 10:30 last night. And, in a few short hours, we’ll be driving the final leg of our trip to Harrogate!
Our entire trip:
old home –> California –> Arizona –> New Mexico –> Texas –> Arkansas –> Tennessee –> new home
Making our move a fun road trip has been quite the adventure. I’ve loved every second of it. That being said, I’ve been extra antsy and extra heavy lately because we’ve been doing a lot of sitting. And eating. And sitting some more. So I’m going to try to go to the hotel’s fitness center after I sign off.
But before I attempt to go workout, here are some fun facts from the week:
1) Aishu is currently in this phase where she will repeat certain words or phrases that are said out loud.
It has been pretty entertaining to watch what she mimics. It also forces me to keep my foul language to a minimum.
2) Thanks to Mama, Masi, and Bhav, we’ve had road trip meals and snacks throughout our whole trip. We aren’t spoiled. We’re well taken care of. 🙂
3) We’ve been spending a good chunk of driving time listening to Harry Potter #6. I was reading it on the Kindle for some time, but I figured the audiobook would be a good investment because we have been in the car an average of 8 hours every day.
4) On our way to Harrogate, we’ll be stopping in Nashville to see my friend Eric and his wife! And to eat Nashville’s FAMOUS hot chicken!
Now I must go.
The treadmill is calling my name.
Along with the cup of coffee in the lobby.
Have a good weekend!
Questions of the Day:
- What’s the longest road trip you’ve taken?
- What’s one fun fact from the week?